Saturday, June 18, 2011

Blocked Tube News & Vaca Coming Up

Wow, I haven't written in awhile. I'm not quite sure why.

Work has definitely had an uptick in hecticness! But I'm also wondering if I have as much a need for this blog. It may also be because I'm in limbo right now...

BUT the big news from last week was that as part of pre-IVF testing that I'm doing (in case we move to that as a next step), we found one of my tubes is blocked. This was news to me - I had an HSG done 2 years ago and I was all clear. I'm having a follow up consult with my doc this coming week to discuss.

I was actually really upset, crying on the table when they were showing me that it was blocked. What a blow! But I had also told myself going into all this testing to keep the long-term view on this. I didn't want to go back to getting knee-deep into every day details that would constantly alter my mood.

So, I allowed myself one afternoon of being upset and then I went back to big picture. A little easier said than done, but I think I did it (probably helps that work is so busy right now!).

I also decided to talk to my mom about it, knowing I was risking upsetting myself even more since she typically hasn't been able to support me the way that I need for her to. But - she came through and that made a TON of difference! So, maybe getting the emotional support means so much more to me than the physical challenges...

And I'm trying to keep my mind on our upcoming vacation - next Friday we leave for Spain!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blocked tube-ville. I was devastated to say the least. One of mine was blocked completely and the other was kinda blocked.

    My TCM doc said that she had successfully unblocked tubes before with acupuncture and diet, but it didn't work for me.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes welcome to blocked tube-ville :(

    I also have blocked tubes. Well I only have one left at this point. For years and years I was told my tubes were NOT blocked but after SEVEN tubal pregnancies I beg to differ. I have had THREE hsg tests in my life all showing my tubes open. I could go on and on but one thing I do know is there is so much more to "working" tubes then just dye flowing through them.

    I wish you the very best of luck!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete