Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Transfer #1 with Surrogate #3

We did it! Transfer got delayed till today and it's all done!

There's her beautiful uterus with our day 5 embryo in there, hopefully nestling in for the next 8.5 months!


The transfer got rescheduled last Thurs so we knew it would be today though last night's travel was kinda crazy.

I've been on vacation in South Carolina and flew home from Charleston and she flew from Greenville. Kinda crazy too that we were only a 3 hour drive apart and flying to the same place. My flight got delayed an hour and hers many hours. She didn't get in till after midnight and we didn't get home till 1am. I popped an ambien and was asleep by 1:50 and woke up on my own at 7am which was nice to have a leisurely breakfast in bed.

We also ended up ubering everywhere which I know was expensive but after waiting 15 mins for the shuttle last night, I was too tire to think of driving from Dulles so didn't.

We had to leave home at 8:30am this morning. It was super easy being together. We've always gotten along great but never has it just been the two of us.

Everything went smoothly. It was cute to see how excited she was.

Me... I'm feeling cautiously hopeful but also staying grounded on this one. B and I were talking that this will likely work. (With a 12mm uterine lining, who wouldn't want to burrow in there?!) :)

We went and had an early lunch out when we got home, went by the pharmacy to pick up home pregnancy tests, took naps and then headed back to the airport.

And now we are both sitting on our own planes on the tarmac. :(

I'm soooo tired. And I'm also relieved that by around this time next week we'll be able to know something from her home test.

Here's to fingers and toes crossed, sticky vibes, prayers and all the positive thoughts around!

No comments:

Post a Comment