Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wanting to Scream

I can't stand that I feel this way. I got 2 pregnancy news items today.

One was via my pastor who told me that the other couple in our church who has been 'out' with their infertility announced in church this past Sunday that they are 12 weeks along. I was extremely happy for them upon hearing this. And as the day wore on, I began feeling really upset for us. Why isn't it happening for us? Why does it feel like it's working for everyone else but us?

I know that's not necessarily true, but it sure feels like it today.

Then, my husband, who was calling to check on me after I emailed him that news also tells me that our close family friend told him today that they are 9 weeks along.

Grrrrrrrrrrrreat.

It's so hard not to feel sad. It's so hard to feel like it's always about everyone else.

And I know that if I take a huge step back and look at my life as a whole, I know our time is coming (in whatever way that is). But right now, just right this day, it's hard to feel that way.

10 comments:

  1. Sending hugs and prayers your way today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so get this. Why don't you let yourself just feel this way today. Seems like sometimes its worse fighting it. Tomorrow is another day. Sending hugs and support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh friend I SO get this post...it seems like so many other people, both in real life and in blogland have been announcing their pregnancy news lately, and while I'm happy for them I feel so, so sad for us. Sorry, I know how hard those feelings are...((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. hugs, hugs, and more hugs....My prayers are with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, honey - I am so sorry! If it makes you feel any better, I got a totally unprompted e-mail from someone I literally just met via e-mail (for a work project) saying, "Sorry I didn't respond but we just had our first baby!" Grrreat, thanks for sharing that information. I could have totally done without that. Just remember you are NOT alone in feeling like this! Huge hug for you from me.

    Lily - The Infertile Mind

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like what m said above...just let yourself feel this way today. You can move on later. Scream into a pillow if you need to. Tomorrow is a new day, a breath of fresh air.

    -Jess
    http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending hugs your way. When it rains, it pours some days. But your attitude is right- just because they had their joy doesn't mean yours isn't coming. We just need to be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you...just got word that a friend from HS is expecting twins the old fashion way. So not fair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry, you are not alone....

    ReplyDelete