Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Is it Psychosomatic?

I've been tired since Thurs. Since the IUI. It has to be psychosomatic, right? I can't instantly be tired...

It could be the drugs. I'm taking pro.metrium 2x/day. Does that make your hormone levels out of whack to make you tired?

I haven't been biking to work to be safe. I haven't really exercised. I've walked home from work a couple of times - 1.5 miles but was tired by the end.

Last night, I walked about 20 mins to meet a friend for dinner and got tired and had to take a taxi for the rest of the 7 blocks! That never happens to me. I ran 10 miles twice a few weeks ago!!!

I had no energy this weekend and caught up on my DVR. I even motivated to go to my friend's yard sale Sat morning and after my shower was too tired - at 11am!!! Nuts.

Please, please let me be pregnant... it can't all be psychosomatic, can it?

10 comments:

  1. Whenever I've been pregnant (unfortunately this happens a lot but as yet I have no babies to show for it) getting tired is the first sign...super, crazy nearly falling asleep all day tired. So yeah it could be real. Hope it is for you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could be a few things... IF is tiring... stress of it all is tiring... rest as much as you need to... listen to your body and keep us updated:) Thinking of you and hoping your dreams become reality soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you take Prometrium for a LP issue. Just asking because I take a booster HCG shot and it works really well, and I only have to do it once instead of daily Prometrium

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep getting the rest your body is indicating you need. I am praying this is the real thing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope so badly that the fatigue is a pregnancy sign! I do know that prometrium can cause fatigue, but I don't think usually as much as you're describing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that your fatigue is your first sign of a pregnancy I do know first hand that the prometrium can cause you to get tired pretty easily as well. Also I wanted to pass along this inspirational name to you Keiko Zoll. Please just google her name and you will find links to her video response to an infertility question that was posed over at Resolve.org "What IF" wow did she put it out there as an advocate for those of us that are fighting infertility which is why I wanted to spread the word :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could be prometrium or pregnancy. I hope it's pregnancy! But, we shall see. It's tough to wait it out and see!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, I know how you're feeling. I agree with one of the previous commenters. No matter what this is, your body needs rest. Listen to your body. And try to figure out a way to "manage" your mind. That is sometimes the most difficult part of all of this -- keeping our thoughts about what's going on in check, trying to find a balanced and peaceful approach to things. That is what I wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It could be the whole process of IUI, could be the drugs, could be you're just tired. It's the change of season, you have been through a lot, it would be normal to be very tired.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prometrium can make you sleeping (I can tell you that first hand) BUT, with me, the first very, very early sign of pregnancy is always fatigue. Hoping so hard for you! :)

    ReplyDelete