Monday, June 7, 2010

Operation: Get My Body Back - Week 2

What a week last week! I was so busy that it was nice to keep my mind off of IF and the recent miscarriage... in fact, I feel like there must be an influx of people praying for me because I've felt very shielded by my sadness.

Either that or I am just really busy and helps to have other things to focus on such as:

1. Our annual company event - it was so great! I worked so incredibly hard last week. We had about 75 employees come (about 1/2 from other locations/offices) for a day of team building activities in a hotel conference room & then about 40 people's significant others came for an evening bowling event. So, so fun. And so, so exhausting. But... I didn't have time to sleep this weekend because I was moving onto:

2. Furnishing a room for a room in a safe house for sex traf.ficking survivors. My church works with Courtney's House. The founder herself is a survivor of sex traf.ficking and is now giving her life back to helping others get off the streets. Did you know that the entry point into 'prostitution' is 12 years old? TWELVE years old! Unbelievable. Breaks my heart. But makes me so much more motivated to do something to help. We got some great furniture from craigs.list - and get this - after the person found out what we were doing with the furniture, they gave it to us for free!! And went to Target to really outfit this place right. I'll post pics once we're done with it in a couple more weeks. So exciting!

3. Operation: Get My Body Back - Week 1. Didn't do great with it last week. Tried to make good choices. I started off strong by trying to exercise, twice in one day even, but I actually kept bleeding all week still from the miscarriage, so decided to start off slower. And with the company event, I only wrote down what I ate until Wed...

4. Operation: Get My Body Back - Week 2. I'm going to try to do better this week though I'm still unsure of exercise. I'm still exhausted. I'll give it a couple of days. Still biking to work though! AND I will write down everything I eat this week. I stocked the fridge with strawberries, peaches, raspberries, cherries & apples along with lots of salad fixings and veggie burgers! I'm also going to go weigh in this week, which I haven't done in 6 weeks. I'm a bit scared but it's the right thing to do! :)


I've been very motivated & inspired by your comments on exercise & weight loss too, so keep 'em coming!!! How'd you do this past week and what are your intentions for this week?

8 comments:

  1. Just take it easy and try not to do too many things at once. After my miscarriages, I would feel so down and eventually bounce right back into the swing of things - working out and socializing helped take my mind off things.

    There are 2 things I want so much in my life right now: a baby and to lose some weight that I have put on, but I am willing to sacrifice the latter to have a baby and worry about it later. I just finished my 3rd IUI and have been instructed to take it easy without strenous activity for the next 18 days. Kills me because I always feel so slugglish and gross, but I gotta do what I have to do.

    Losing weight is hard and it is a task in itself. Don't be scared of the scale. All that matters is how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I just had to chuckle when you said that you wrote down everything you ate until the company party. :) I've been there - "Hmm...I think I'll just leave today's horrible eating off my chart." Good luck with your program this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I need to say wow on the great work that you do. You clearly love your job and what a difference it sounds like you are making.
    Good luck with your get your body back program. I am working on that myself as well. It took me a while to get into it, I think I was a hormonal mess right after the D&E. Go slow with yourslef, I think that bleeding a sign that you should take it slow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad your event went well and that the safe house is almost furnished - yay! I think that's amazing to be involved with the safe house. And great job stocking your fridge! I agree though about going slow with the exercise! I haven't done nearly as much exercise as I should, but counting points has still taken the weight off. I do track everything, which has been super helpful for me. I weigh in on Thursdays & will email you after that to compare how we're both doing. :) Hope the rest of your week goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been to the gym with J-L on Saturday and I have gone to zumba Monday. I try to get my mojo back. Nutrition-wise, I'm PMSing so my choices are really not good. But I did make nice recipes, vegetarian and tasty.
    So for the coming week, I hope to go to the gym with J-L again on Saturday and my goal would be to go to the gym every two days. But already I won't be going to the gym tomorrow because I will not going to be home. I wonder if I should weigh myself monthly instead of weekly. What do you do ?
    Tomorrow is another day, I'll pick up where I left off. And I like that you have started this, I feel accompanied. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought for sure I had commented on this post already--- anywho friend--- I so wish that I had a church to attend and be involved in like yours... it sounds GREAT... you are just doing some awesome things right now.. and you better continue... stay busy... stay fit... and stay motivated.... we love you girl and I'm so glad that you are doing ok:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, how did you do with the weight loss this week? I was down .8 and I'll take it with my lack of exercise and a couple sweet indulgences. :) Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i need to work on getting my body back as well. thanks for the inspiration. i have had a belly ache for the past 2 nights in a row b/c I have overeaten. that is one of my least favorite things in the world.

    ReplyDelete