Sunday, October 17, 2010

Oh... And I've Come Out, Sort of!

In my quest to remain anonymous so that I can continue to write whatever is on my heart without fear of someone in real life finding me, I've been pretty protective of my identity.

I've also struggled with how I'm viewed and how close of connections I can make if I'm not totally open. I should feel rest assured - I have made several very close connections as a result of being able to be as open as I can be on here while still not posting pictures...

But because I get such joy when I see your pictures, I thought I'd share just a tiny bit of myself:


I am real! :)

5 comments:

  1. You are so sweet for sharing this!

    I do get it, though. The coming out. The unveiling. It took me almost 4 years to post the first photo of me on my blog. A year ago, I would have agonized over it, but right now, it just felt right. And for pretty much the same reason you gave.

    Thank you, again, for sharing. You guys look blissfully happy. A lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still don't post pictures of myself on my blog so I think you are super brave to have posted this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute dress! Thanks for sharing the photo. I've posted lots of pictures on my blog and sometimes worry that I might be naive to do so, but I feel comfortable with it. And it's not like I have my social security number up there. None of us makes any judgments based on photos or the lack thereof, so you have to do what feels most comfortable and natural to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! I agree with you though...to be totally honest on my blog, I also have protected my identity. You may have just inspired me to do a similar picture though! It is fun to see who people really are (even if it doesn't include their faces!) :)

    ReplyDelete