Monday, April 26, 2010

NOT Self-Injecting was... GREAT!

After having to self-inject on Friday (= nightmare), B got to give me the next shot last night.

I've never thought something was so heavenly in my life. I didn't have to prepare the needles, iced myself to numbness, got to look away while he did this and I didn't feel a thing. Not even after (where I sometimes feel stinging). It was remarkable.

I wonder if ice really is the trick. And really can't believe I didn't think of that sooner.

Day 11 appt tomorrow so we'll know whether we trigger or not for a Thurs IUI. Hope everything is looking good.

I feel much more at peace about all of this now. (Maybe it's the hormones - the good ones - talking...). I think knowing that this is IUI #3 and that we said we'd re-assess after #4, makes it seem like some outcome is going to happen sooner and it's not this big hole. At least for now.

If we have the IUI on Thurs or Fri, I'm hoping that running a 1/2 marathon on Sunday won't be bad... I hear not to do activity the day itself, but a few days later shouldn't matter, right?

Any advice out there on this??

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I'm not sure. You should definitely ask your doctor.

    I'm glad the ice is helping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could self-inject, myself. =) Glad you got B to do it and it wasn't as bad! Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure if a half marathon is a good idea at all in a 2 week wait. Not to make you feel bad at all, but running a half marathon is tough on your body and not the best conditions for a baby growing. You are not supposed to raise your core temprature over a certain amount, or raise your heart rate over a certain amount, and running would do both. Not trying to scare you, but I just want you to have that information available to you.

    Good luck with the IUI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want to rain on the parade, but I would actually stay away from the half marathon. Of course, I'm coming from the perspective where too much exercise helped to cause my problem, so I kind of see heavy exercise and fertility as not going well together. It could be that it's okay for others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ice definitely helped me when we were going through all our injections, I would never do it without now!
    Okay & sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with the other ladies...do NOT run the half marathon. My RE advised NO working out while we were going through our treatment cycle & even now the doctor said only very light activity like walking, swimming, yoga...absolutely no running.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you've found the secret to success for injections! Good luck with the IUI!! I agree with Rebecca above. I wouldn't run the half marathon. With my docs in Atlanta, I could never get anyone to tell me whether or not I should run (even just a few miles, not 13!). It was frustrating because they wouldn't really give me a straight answer. It was more like, "If you feel like it..." I wanted clarity on the issue. You'd think you could get it, you know? So with CCRM, I just had my transfer last week and their instructions were to not let my heart rate go over 120. Maybe that will help you. Better to be safe than sorry, you know?

    ReplyDelete