Just read a post here from a fellow IF blogger on the Creme de la Creme list of best infertility posts. It's a post on how facebook status updates have become too much for her - they're all about friends' babies, what they're doing/not doing, pictures and sonogram pics. Just too much for someone in the pains of IF h-e-double hockey sticks.
I couldn't help but think of my dilemma with facebook: My status updates are not genuine. They're not the first thing that pops into my head - they're the second thing. The first thing is taboo. You don't post these thoughts:
- Got my period today, so no baby for me this month
- Yup, not pregnant again
- I'm sick of all these fertility drugs
- Well, that IUI didn't work
- I'm very sad about my miscarriage
- I feel ready to adopt but my husband doesn't (yet) - what to do??
So nice. But I couldn't do it. Why? Because it's taboo. That's my problem with facebook updates... and life updates in general, some stuff is still taboo